Research & Development
- Iris Code zero-knowledge machine learning (zkML): Calculation of iris codes from images in ZK proof. Allows for self-custody upgrades of iris codes.
- Face authentication zero-knowledge machine learning (zkML): Calculation of face embedding and comparison with the embedding from the Orb can reduce trust assumptions on the client.
- MPC uniqueness check: Performing the uniqueness check on multiple parties increases decentralization and increases privacy for the user.
- Merkle proof private information retrieval (PIR): Clients need to query the Merkle inclusion proof in order to generate a World ID proof. Correlation between other metadata could leak the identity of the user.
- Mobile prover performance: World ID wallets are inclusive and support very low end devices. This could either mean improving the performance of the current library or benchmarking or implementing alternative proof systems.
- IrisHash: Anonymizing iris codes or (face) embeddings.
- Batch verification of World ID proofs: Aggregation of individual proofs to bring down on-chain verification costs.
- Nullifiers for smart contract wallets: “Social recovery” for nullifiers.
- Proof of Personhood impact research: Impact analyses on Proof of Personhood in society and recommendations to improve user safety and privacy.
- Hosting Indexers (e.g. Tree Availability Service): Read replica alternatives.
- Bridges to EVM chains: World ID is deployed on Ethereum Mainnet and is bridged to Optimism. The existing state bridge relayer makes it very easy to support other EVM chains. This could entail hosting state bridge relayer or deploying verification contracts to other chains.
- Bridges to non-EVM chains. There should also be non-EVM chains supported (e.g. Starknet). This could entail shipping support in the relayer or the verification contract on-chain or implementing completely different approaches.
Explorers and visualization
- Merkle tree explorer. World ID already operates as a semi-zkRollup. We can embrace this further by adding a block explorer and other introspection / visualization tools of the network.
- Orb overview / analytics. Ideally good enough for crowd sourced fraud analysis.
- Worldcoin data dashboards / visualizations / analytics.