Data Analyst, Field Monitoring
Berlin — AI & Biometrics
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the AI & Biometrics Team:
The AI & Biometrics team is building a biometric iris recognition system that can work reliably with more than a billion users and enables them to claim their free share of WLD. We use cutting-edge machine learning deployed on custom hardware to enable high-quality image acquisition, identification, and fraud prevention, all while requiring minimal user interaction. Our technology, coupled with privacy-preserving data collection, allows us to increase system performance and reduce model bias.
We are building an iris recognition and fraud detection engine that works on the 1bn people scale. Therefore, its performance needs to out-perform all the current iris recognition technologies. We leverage our powerful custom-made iris recognition device, the Orb, combined with the latest research from the field of AI and Deep Learning
About the Opportunity:
As Worldcoin grows and gets exposed to more and more situations in the wild, we need to monitor the field performances, understand users patterns and quickly respond to incidents.
As our Data Scientist, you will be the interface between the AI team and the field, monitor field performances, lead investigation on field cases and influence the team's roadmap by your discoveries
In this role you will:
- Be the interface and eyes between the AI team and the field, and primary response system to incoming investigation requests
- Monitor the performances of our models deployed on Orbs all across the globe
- Receive incoming demands for analysis, investigate field cases
- Work transversely across the AI team, gathering knowledge and context on all our models
- 3+ years of experience in the industry of Data Analysis, Data Science and / or Machine Learning
- Strong programming skills in Python, including Pandas, Numpy, open-cv, seaborn, etc.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with a focus on AI, machine learning, or computer vision
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams and present technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A curiosity-driven personality, with the desire to get to the root cause of the issues at hand
- Thrive in high-paced environment, able to perform outstanding work in short timelines
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning experiences are a strong plus
- Programming skills in PyTorch, torchvision, Lightning is a plus
- Experience with cloud-based platforms and tools (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.