Berlin — Finance
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Team:
The Finance team at Worldcoin is critical to ensuring Worldcoin functions from a payments standpoint, and also that proper controls and forecasting can occur. It works with all departments and executives, ensuring the company’s strong financial health.
About the Job:
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to become part of our team. The chosen candidate will maintain our financial records and ensure our financial transactions are accurate and timely. Close collaboration with the management team is expected, contributing to the company's comprehensive financial strategy.
In this role you will:
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations, such as accounts payable, and the general ledger.
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit cards, and other accounts monthly.
- Process payroll and prepare payroll tax returns.
- Compile monthly financial statements and reports for management.
- Uphold accurate and current records of all financial transactions.
- Collaborate with external auditors and tax consultants when necessary.
- Analyze financial data to detect trends and suggest improvements.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting endeavors.
- Stay compliant with all relevant financial regulations and laws.
- Execute other related duties as needed.
- CPA, ACCA, Wirtschaftsprüfer (WP), or equivalent qualification.
- Proficient in both German and English, with exceptional bilingual communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding and expertise in German tax and labor legislation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Experience in a Big Four Accounting Firm is preferred.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in accounting, with a preference for those familiar with the tech startup scene.
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with accounting software like SAP S/4 Hana, DATEV.
- Stellar communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Capacity to operate independently and set priorities.
- Detail-focused and well-organized.
- Adaptable and culturally sensitive, especially in a multicultural environment.
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.