Senior Security Operations Engineer
Berlin / San Francisco — Security
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the Orb
Worldcoin's launch requires a "Proof-of-Personhood": a way to determine someone is human (not a bot) and hasn't already claimed their free share of Worldcoin. This is why we developed the Orb.
The Orb is an advanced biometric imaging device, custom-designed for Worldcoin's launch. Orbs are deployed to a global network of operators, who use the device to onboard new Worldcoin users. During this onboarding, the Orb will generate a hash of each user's iris and submit it to Worldcoin's trustless backend (built on Ethereum). For more details on how the Orb is part of Worldcoin's privacy-preserving approach to Proof-of-Personhood, see How the Launch Works.
The Orb solves a fierce combination of engineering and UX challenges, centered around image quality, security, and ease-of-use. Each device has an advanced iris imaging system, designed to work consistently across real-world lighting conditions. An additional suite of sensors feeds into an onboard fraud detection system, enabling use in unsecured environments. These systems are combined in a sleek industrial design with a simple, minimalist user interface.
About the Team
For Worldcoin to launch successfully on a global scale, we need to both ensure fairness and build trust with our users. Therefore, it is essential to prevent fraud, protect privacy, and ensure availability.
Beyond regular company security the goal of security at Worldcoin is to deploy an edge device to unsecured environments. We consider a wide range of threats that span tampering with the device, spoofing the device as well as backend attacks. The cross-disciplinary nature of this team requires interfacing with various other teams across the company including Economics, AI, Backend and Orb Software. We are a small security team and you will have a huge impact!
About the Opportunity
- Engineer and manage solutions to bolster our security incident detection and response capabilities.
- Be responsible for the architecture and ongoing hardening of access control and identity systems.
- Develop and enforce data loss prevention strategies to safeguard organizational data.
- Perform security audits on business applications and in-house systems, driving improvements where needed.
- Develop and deliver security training and awareness programs for staff.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security solutions and strategies to safeguard against unauthorized access, malware and data leaks.
- Hands-on mastery of endpoint security solutions, including but not limited to, EDR and MDM platforms.
- Expert-level proficiency with SIEM solutions, capable of architecting monitoring dashboards and fine-tuning alerting systems for low-noise, high-impact incident detection.
- Extensive experience with IAM platforms, with a proven track record in auditing, hardening, and architecting security solutions, including the implementation of device trust frameworks.
- Proficient in creating and executing security audits on business applications and internal systems, with the ability to drive actionable improvements based on audit findings.
- A strong advocate for security awareness, capable of designing and leading internal programs to elevate organizational security consciousness.
Nice To Have:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Security Operations or closely related roles.
- Previous experience in leading threat-hunting initiatives or incident response simulations.
- Demonstrable scripting skills in languages like Python, Bash, or Go to automate tasks and develop custom tooling.
- Experience in leading or mentoring less experienced team members in the realm of security operations.
- Experience with regulatory compliance standards such as SOC 2, ISO 27001 or GDPR.
- A portfolio of public talks, blogs, or research papers on relevant security topics is a plus.
Pay transparency statement (for CA and NY based roles):
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at TFH ranges from $140,000-$220,000 plus a competitive long term incentive package. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, TFH offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) plan and match, life insurance, flexible time off, commuter benefits, professional development stipend and much more!
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.