Chief Information Security Officer
Remote / Berlin / San Francisco — Security
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Opportunity:
For us, security is not merely a procedural obligation, but an integral part of our mission. Many parts of the technology are built from the ground up for security. In this role you will have the opportunity to scale up and lead several security teams and create the vision for a uniquely broad company-wide security strategy. Your areas of responsibility will span hardware security, infrastructure security, office security, and blockchain security. In this role, you will:
- Create the security roadmap by establishing clear priorities based on risk analysis.
- Lead the recruitment, development, and retention of a highly skilled security team.
- Foster a strong security culture within the organization by promoting security awareness and best practices.
- Formulate and enforce security policies, protocols, standards, and guidelines across the organization.
- Proactively identify and mitigate evolving threats in line with the dynamic nature of the security landscape.
- Act as the company's security ambassador at public forums and conferences, highlighting our commitment to robust security measures.
- Advise senior leadership on information security risks, proposing effective strategies to minimize these risks.
- Oversee internal and external security measures, such as bug bounty programs and various security audits like penetration testing, black/white box testing.
- Facilitate security training and awareness programs to equip all employees with a strong understanding of potential security risks and their role in minimizing these risks.
- Collaborate with other senior leadership to ensure the integration of security considerations in all project and product development stages.
- Strong analytical thinking, communication, and leadership skills
- Deep technical and security engineering background
- Strong ethical and moral values
- Energized by working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Proven experience in leading and managing information security teams.
- Expertise in various security technologies and engineering domains, including application security, cloud security, IT security and physical security.
- Proven track record in recruiting and developing high-quality team members.
- Proficiency in risk assessment methodologies and able to apply them in diverse contexts.
- Leadership abilities: Thrives in a leadership role, isn't afraid to make tough decisions, fosters open and challenging debates, provides guidance in crises, confronts adversity bravely, and is driven by difficult challenges.
- Prioritization skills: Excels in focusing on what's important, swiftly identifies critical tasks, removes obstacles, and maintains focus.
- Prior fast-growing startup experience
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.