Full Stack Engineer, World ID
Berlin / San Francisco — Product
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team
The World ID team builds the SDK, tools, apps and integrations for the World ID Protocol. World ID is a novel privacy-first, decentralized, identity protocol, bringing global proof of personhood to the internet in the age of AI. World ID uses multiple cutting edge technologies to accomplish this, such as , and many more.
About the Opportunity
You will join to contribute to the World ID ecosystem, including the protocol. Your efforts will significantly shape the trajectory of the product and Worldcoin overall.
- Build libraries, tools, examples, documentation, etc. related to the SDK and parts of the protocol. This will sometimes include building general purpose libraries for public benefit.
- Work with the Protocol team, research new technologies, and help architect updates to the protocol.
- Partner closely with Design, Product & Ecosystem teams to understand user and technical constraints and requirements.
- Propose, architect and build real-world production-class applications powered by World ID.
- Help other hackers all over the world build on top of World ID in hackathons, through grant programs, and partnerships. This will sometimes require travel.
- 4+ years of experience building modern software applications, both frontend and backend
- You are very intense, move fast, continuously reprioritize. Always with an MVP mindset
- You are very energetic, independent and willing to roll up your sleeves
- You are passionate about exploring new things, building side projects and trying new technologies
- You have a strong user-focus and UX design skills; you like to build beautiful interfaces
- You have very strong written communication skills and can clearly express and defend your opinions
- You are passionate about crypto, the identity space and privacy, and you’re continuously exploring new trends and technologies
- Experience building web3 dapps and/or smart contracts is highly preferred
- Technical stack includes Typescript, React.js, Node.js, and Rust - past experience with these is not required
- Located in San Francisco or Berlin, or willing to relocate
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.