Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
About the Company:
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team
The Hardware team is responsible for sourcing materials for the production and global distribution of Worldcoin’s hardware device, the Orb. This is particularly challenging work at the moment, amid a global supply chain crisis. Within the Hardware team, the Supply Chain Management subteam works with mechanical and electrical component suppliers to take the Orb from prototype to mass production. The Hardware team is a rapidly growing, dynamic team that works in close collaboration with departments across the company to scale Orb production and fuel Worldcoin’s growth.
About the Opportunity:
You will lead the technical discussions, industrialization, and procurement for the engineering and maintenance activities of Worldcoin. This includes mechanical and electrical components, as well as tools and equipment. You will drive cross-functional initiatives with Eng. manufacturing, TPM, and logistics and leverage leadership, communication, organization, planning, and collaboration skills to create an impact across all teams. You are a problem solver who makes things happen around them by setting clear goals and inspiring teams to deliver.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Work collaboratively with the engineering department, TPM and suppliers to research, develop and implement new technical specifications and requirements that could become mass production products. Sourcing of new technical requirements in markets and coordination of possible supplier selection.
- Identifying the impact of new products on the current supply chain and manufacturing concepts in order to meet the product design and project schedules.
- Facilitate communication and clarification of technical requirements between Suppliers and Worldcoin Purchasing, Quality, and Design teams (Eng).
- Lead supplier improvement initiatives for scalability, cost, and quality.
- Provide input on new or alternative materials for improved design, manufacturability, or cost reduction.
- Manage the sourcing strategy of required components, equipment, tooling needed for the production and the relationship with the respective suppliers.
- Supports in setting up a strategy, operating procedures and Suppliers’ KPIs to ensure best quality and prices are being achieved for all goods and services prior to signing any contract with suppliers.
- Takes part in the negotiations conducted with suppliers on commercial contracts terms and prices ensuring all are done as per Worldcoin adopted procedures and quality standards, regulations and as per Worldcoins and OEMs’ approved specifications.
- Establishes effective relationships with cross-functional teams to enhance productivity and quality of services provided by the procurement team; raises issues and suggestions to the corresponding manager accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of electrical, mechanical engineering or business administration, or equivalent. Master preferred.
- Utilizes strong engineering skills to find creative, technical solutions to unclear problems
- Several years of relevant experience in strategic purchasing, ideally on a global scale.
- Very good knowledge of design and engineering processes
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in MS Office and SAP systems.
- Project Scoping / Planning; Inc. deliverables, risk, milestones, manufacture, assembly, testing, installation
- In-depth knowledge of factory operations and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of procurement processes specifically, supplier management, cost management, and supply chain analysis.
- Ability to develop efficient work processes for complex projects involving many players across multiple geographies, and coordinate, implement, and maintain those processes.
- Knowledge of cost and performance accounting and controls.
- Ability to work within a team and take a solutions-oriented and analytical approach.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Market and product knowledge.
- English proficiency (written and spoken), fluency preferred.