Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
About the Company:
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team
The Hardware team is responsible for sourcing materials for the production and global distribution of Worldcoin’s hardware device, the Orb. This is particularly challenging work at the moment, amid a global supply chain crisis. Within the Hardware team, the Supply Chain and Logistics sub-team works with mechanical and electrical component suppliers to take the Orb from prototype to mass production. The Hardware team is a rapidly growing, dynamic team that works in close collaboration with departments across the company to scale Orb production and fuel Worldcoin’s growth.
About the Opportunity:
As our Team Leader, you will be responsible for supervising, leading, and motivating the procurement team. You will lead the technical procurement for the engineering and maintenance activities of Worldcoin including mechanical and electrical components, tools and equipment. You will drive cross-functional initiatives with Eng. manufacturing and logistics and leverage leadership, communication, organization, planning, and collaboration skills to create impact across all teams.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Acts as an interface between Stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure all the technical procurement requirements are been purchased and delivered timely and cost-effectively as per Company’s defined measures and Worldcoin´s approved specifications.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering hardware deliverables, including specifications, design options, and test plans.
- Create development, delivery, and qualification schedules based on system requirements, technical challenges, material lead-times and business needs.
- Supports in setting up a strategy, operating procedures and Suppliers’ KPIs to ensure best quality and prices are being achieved for all goods and services prior to signing any contract with suppliers.
- Takes part in the negotiations conducted with suppliers on commercial contracts terms and prices ensuring all are done as per Worldcoin adopted procedures and quality standards, regulations and as per Worldcoins and OEMs’ approved specifications.
- Establishes effective relationships with cross-functional teams to enhance productivity and quality of services provided by the procurement team; raises issues and suggestions to the corresponding manager accordingly.
- Leading the Procurement department as team leader.
- Implementation and continuous monitoring of the procurement strategy with support from Senior Management.
- Manage and ensure procurement best practice (internal KPIs) is followed at all times within the procurement team.
- Manage the supplier selection / awarding of contract process including supplier risk analysis.
- Organizing sourcing committees with other departments (Eng., TPM, growth, logistics, software, finance etc).
- Measure, monitor and report supplier performance against project delivery, including milestone targets, measuring cost against budget, quality and on-time delivery (supplier KPIs).
- Travel internationally to support engineering and production builds as well as to audit suppliers.
- Bachelor degree in the field of Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration, or equivalent. Master preferred.
- Several years of relevant experience in strategic purchasing, ideally on a global scale.
- Very good knowledge in design and engineering processes.
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in MS Office and SAP systems.
- Project Scoping / Planning; Inc. deliverables, risk, milestones, manufacture, assembly, testing, installation
- In-depth knowledge of factory operations and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of procurement processes specifically, supplier management, cost management, and supply chain analysis.
- Ability to develop efficient work processes for complex projects involving many players across multiple geographies, and coordinate, implement, and maintain those processes.
- Knowledge of cost and performance accounting and controls.
- Ability to work within a team and take a solutions-oriented and analytical approach.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Market and product knowledge.
- English proficiency (written and spoken), fluency preferred.