Senior Product Manager
Erlangen / San Francisco — Product
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the role and team:
The Orb Product team at Worldcoin is responsible for developing, maintaining and shipping the device software, device management, scalability, reliability and the infrastructure for the Worldcoin Biometric Device. In this role, the product manager will support the ever-growing fleet of Biometric devices (Orbs) by building the software stack for the Worldcoin Biometric Device in cross functional teams. In this role you will:
- Collaborate with software and hardware engineers and cross functional partners across the company to research, discover, and deeply understand what the requirements are for delivering value for operators using the Worldcoin Biometric Device
- Lead a functional product team focussed on building, launching & maintaining the technical infrastructure for the Worldcoin Biometric Device
- Define the requirements, product strategy, roadmap, PRDs, prioritization, manage backlogs for the Orb product team
- Create thorough functional specs, project / release plans
- Monitor program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- 3+ years of relevant engineering experience & 3 - 5+ years of technical product management experience at a technology company and/or in a technical capacity.
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces, hardware or hardware-related product
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment within the organization
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global projects or in an international setting
- Must be able to clearly articulate & read, write and speak in English (company language)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Prior experience of working on/leading DevOps/Infrastructure/Platform teams is a plus
- Prior experience in working on Fintech and/or Cryptocurrency applications in a regulated environment a plus
- Experience in mobile device management/hardware terminals/IOT Devices is a plus
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.