Berlin / San Francisco — Economics & Data Science
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
The Economics team uses a market design approach to develop practical incentive mechanisms that scale to more than a billion participants of the Worldcoin network. In our team, Economists, Computer Scientists and Statisticians work together to rapidly design, build, and field-test Operator auctions, user incentive programs, fraud mitigation techniques, etc., that work robustly with thousands of Operators and billions of users around the world. Using data from large-scale field experiments, we iterate quickly and often to optimize our designs.
About the Opportunity:
You will work with key stakeholders at Worldcoin to define, track, and analyze the KPIs/metrics that reflect Worldcoin’s success. Based on your analyses, you will deliver insights to inform the most important strategic and operational decisions. As part of the Economics team, you will be the subject matter expert for all questions related to data availability and data analytics. Your work will directly impact strategic and operational decisions at Worldcoin on a global scale.
In this role, you will:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of a variety of data sources at Worldcoin, including user sign-up data, user engagement data, user retention data, Operator performance data, auction data, large-scale survey data, and external datasets
- Advise on and support the acquisition and collection of datasets, depending on the organization’s requirements and with an eye towards practical applications in the field
- Devise analytical approaches to address strategic and operational questions, execute the analysis and communicate the results to key stakeholders
- Create and maintain dashboards at company level and on-demand, maintaining clarity on definitions
- Answer complex data science questions using statistical methods, including the development of custom code, in coordination with the statisticians, economists, and computer scientists from the Economics team
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in economics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, with expertise in data science and statistical methods
- 1+ years experience working on real-world data science problems
- Excellent knowledge of relevant statistical software, such as Stata, R, Python, or similar
- Basic understanding of relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL and experience with at least one structured query language
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with machine learning methods a plus
- Experience in data visualization a plus
- Basic understanding of blockchain technology a plus
- Practically oriented and “getting-the-job-done” mindset
- Thrives in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.