Berlin / San Francisco / Remote — Economics & Data Science
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
The Economics team uses a market design approach to develop practical incentive mechanisms that scale to more than a billion participants of the Worldcoin network. In our team, Economists, Computer Scientists and Statisticians work together to rapidly design, build, and field-test Operator auctions, user incentive programs, fraud mitigation techniques, etc., that work robustly with thousands of Operators and billions of users around the world. Using data from large-scale field experiments, we iterate quickly and often to optimize our designs.
About the Opportunity:
You will be responsible for evaluating Worldcoin’s incentive mechanisms from a crypto-econ perspective and proposing changes to the design of various mechanisms. You will work at the interface of the Economics team, the Crypto team, the Blockchain team, and the Product team. With your work, you will have a large impact, influencing key mechanism design decisions at Worldcoin.
- Analyze all of Worldcoin’s mechanisms through a crypto-econ lens
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and evaluation of new mechanisms
- Work at the interface of Economics, Crypto, Blockchain, and Product, to find designs that make optimal trade-offs across multiple design dimensions
- Contribute to the token economics modeling of the Worldcoin project
The ideal candidate is practically oriented and thrives in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment, with a proven track record at the intersection of crypto and economics. We’re open to both junior and senior candidates for this position.
- MSc or PhD in Economics, Computer Science, Operations Research, or related field
- Deep expertise with blockchain technologies, especially cryptocurrency protocols
- Real-world experience with blockchain projects
- Expertise in microeconomics / game theory / mechanism design / market design
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.