Head of Fraud Monitoring
Erlangen / Berlin / San Francisco — Security
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
For Worldcoin to launch successfully, we need to both ensure fairness and build trust with our users. Therefore, it is essential to make sure no one can sign up multiple times through any type of attack on the system and therefore erode trust in the system.
The high level goal of security at Worldcoin is to analyze threats and develop measures to detect and prevent them. We consider many threats ranging from on-device security over presentation attacks to social fraud. The cross-disciplinary nature of this team requires interfacing with various other teams across the company including Economics, AI, Infrastructure and IoT.
About the Opportunity:
Worldcoin does not have a fraud monitoring team yet. This is an opportunity to build up this vitally important team from scratch as we are heading towards mass production and the global launch of our uniqueness verification device. As Head of Fraud Monitoring you will be involved in deploying our hardware device to unsecured environments while maintaining the overall integrity of the system. The challenge is to develop scalable strategies for preventing fraud while creating a positive user experience. Since system integrity is essential for Worldcoin’s mission, this is a critical role within the company.
In this role you will build up the team to design and implement systems to monitor devices in the field for fraudulent activity of any kind. The scope goes beyond fraud detection since there are further preventative measures to be taken to make attacks more difficult and ultimately prevent fraud.
In this role you will:
- Build up the fraud monitoring team from scratch
- Architect supervised and unsupervised systems to detect potentially fraudulent activity and deactivate devices
- Develop key indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potentially fraudulent activity
- Set policies on when potential fraud should be reviewed vs automatically blocked
- Work with engineering to collect better metrics that improve fraud detection
- Balance user privacy with fraud risk
- Develop preventative measures to reduce the number of fraudulent activities
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Have lead & scaled an engineering team before
- Experienced at building infrastructure from scratch
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment that is continuously evolving
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day impacting large numbers of users. You are willing to make difficult decisions and quickly learn and iterate from your experiences.
- Skilled at using data to drive decisions
- Creative yet pragmatic and solutions oriented
- Care about the user and are making thoughtful balanced decisions weighing user experience and privacy vs the risk of fraud
- Deeply curious and creative
- Knowledge about IoT devices
- Knowledge about on-device Software & Hardware security
- Data science background
- Programming experience
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.