Iris Recognition Specialist
Remote — AI & Biometrics
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
This opportunity would be with Tools for Humanity.
About the AI & Biometrics Team:
The AI & Biometrics team is building a biometric iris recognition system that can work reliably with more than a billion users and enables them to claim their free share of WLD. We use cutting-edge machine learning deployed on custom hardware to enable high-quality image acquisition, identification, and fraud prevention, all while requiring minimal user interaction. Our technology, coupled with privacy-preserving data collection, allows us to increase system performance and reduce model bias.
About the Opportunity:
This role is part of a multi disciplinary team of data scientists, deep learning experts, and experts from the field of iris recognition who work on improving Worldcoin’s novel iris recognition engine that reliably distinguishes one billion people. This role is also responsible for advising other teams with their decision making (e.g., data collection) .
In this role you will:
- Support our machine learning team with your in-depth knowledge from the field of iris recognition.
- Improve our internal iris recognition system that is based on deep neural networks.
- Setup, maintain and improve “traditional” iris recognition systems, i.e. Daugmen style iris recognition, and compare its performance to our internal engines.
- Collaborate with the data collection and distribution team to collect new training data to make the overall iris recognition pipeline more stable and reliable.
- In-depth knowledge about iris recognition technologies.
- Experience with computer vision, machine learning, and optimally deep learning.
- Working with exceptional care and the ability to understand the code in depth.
- Ability to read and understand scientific papers, reproduce results, and transfer techniques to other domains.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.