Senior Technical Support Engineer
San Francisco / Remote — Orb Software
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team
The Orb Software team writes software and firmware using Rust, C, and Python. Frequent collaborators include the Hardware (bring-up, manufacturing, adding new sensors, etc.), AI (neural networks controlling the autofocus, etc.), and Cloud teams. IoT Software team members are primarily located in Berlin and San Francisco, although some work remotely.
About the Orb
Worldcoin's launch requires a "Proof-of-Personhood": a way to determine someone is human (not a bot) and hasn't already claimed their free share of Worldcoin. This is why we developed the Orb.
The Orb is an advanced biometric imaging device, custom-designed for Worldcoin's launch. Orbs are deployed to a global network of operators, who use the device to onboard new Worldcoin users. During this onboarding, the Orb will generate a hash of each user's iris and submit it to Worldcoin's trustless backend (built on Ethereum). For more details on how the Orb is part of Worldcoin's privacy-preserving approach to Proof-of-Personhood, see How the Launch Works.
The Orb solves a fierce combination of engineering and UX challenges, centered around image quality, security, and ease-of-use. Each device has an advanced iris imaging system, designed to work consistently across real-world lighting conditions. An additional suite of sensors feeds into an onboard fraud detection system, enabling use in unsecured environments. These systems are combined in a sleek industrial design with a simple, minimalist user interface.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer that will work closely with the Orb Software team to solve technical issues with Orbs in the field.
In this role you will:
- Gather and transmit an Orb Operator’s technical issues to the team.
- Help users get to a resolution on their questions and issues in as timely a manner as possible.
- Clearly document any bugs or gaps that need to be addressed for the engineering team.
- Own the solution for the customer—get timing estimates from engineering and proactively set customer expectations
- Develop knowledge base content to help our customers “self-service”. Content will include training videos, written documentation, and email announcements
- Make recommendations to the product team for product enhancements, to improve the customer experience
- Basic technical knowledge of Linux
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Great communication skills
- Experience working with customers and technical teams
- Aptitude for learning new products, processes, and systems
- Operates with empathy, professionalism, and a sense of urgency
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with IoT devices is a plus
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.