Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
About the Company:
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
The Hardware team plays an integral part in __________________. We are a highly cross-functional team that____________.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a supply manager to help bring an electronic hardware device to market globally. As an early hire, you will have the opportunity to shape our supply chain and make the decisions needed to set up Worldcoin for sustained success at scale.
In this role you will:
- Work with mechanical component suppliers, electrical component suppliers, and final assembly to scale a hardware product from prototype to mass production volumes.
- Be responsible for supplier relationship management, strategic sourcing, program management, build planning, materials requirements planning, forecasting, logistics planning, and supplier contract negotiation.
- Implement supply chain strategies and strategic sourcing to ensure supplier(s) are capable of meeting Worldcoin’s current and future technical and business requirements.
- Identify, source, and manage key component and manufacturing partners.
- Establish the supplier selection criteria, evaluate potential suppliers, conduct the RFQ process, and drive supplier selection in partnership with Engineering teams.
- Reduce total production costs through both negotiation and careful sourcing for quality and cost.
- Negotiate key strategic legal agreements with suppliers to establish terms.
- Provide right recommendations to management, and finalize/release contract/PO.
- Conduct material demand planning, inventory control, and logistics planning for both vendors and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
- Participate in regular Sales and Operations Planning meetings and use demand signals to plan batch production and rebalance material inventory levels where required.
- Manage the scheduling of ordering and delivery of parts for early prototyping and engineering builds throughout development.
- Travel internationally to support engineering and production builds as well as to audit current and potential suppliers.
- 3+ years of industry experience working in Hardware Supply Chain or Project Management
- Have been a business owner for assigned categories, possessing an understanding of internal and external variables that impact category and our business
- Independent self-starter with high degree of confidence and business acumen
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Self motivated, reliable, passionate, and can keep to deadlines
- Ability to travel to Germany >25%
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, business administration, related discipline or relevant work experience
- MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- CPIM, SPSM, CSCP, or CTPE Certification is a plus
- Able to speak German or Chinese is a plus
- Experienced with product lifecycle beginning with NPI. Knowledge of the various pre-production phases (EVT, DVT and PVT) is a plus
- Comfortable with legal frameworks and contract negotiation (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements) is a plus