Test Automation Engineer - IoT
San Francisco — Orb Software
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the IoT Team:
The IoT team plays an integral part in building a novel IoT device to solve the “unique human” problem that has foiled previous attempts at a fair cryptocurrency launch. The device will be able to biometrically verify newcomers to the network under adversarial conditions, while simultaneously preserving privacy in an auditable manner. We are growing rapidly to meet our launch goals in 2022!
We are a highly cross-functional team whose responsibility is to design and implement all the software related aspects of the IoT devices, including off device software such as backend infrastructure or manufacturing testing procedures. We are at the core of the company with close collaboration to nearly all departments.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a test automation engineer to help us build a novel IoT device. In this role you will:
- Take ownership of the IoT device automated testing procedure in the development and manufacturing processes.
- Put in place various automated tools to test the IoT device at scale and verify that each of the numerous complex features of the device work as expected.
- Provide tools, both software, and hardware-based, to facilitate testing procedures and speed up the development process.
- Plan and implement the large-scale testing procedures during the manufacturing process, including building robotic and software tools that can be operated easily by non-technical workers and test all features in a fully automated manner.
- Design and implement the scripts and robotic system required to perform each test.
- Invent methods and build technology to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently and repeatedly.
- Experienced with test automation in industries such as aerospace and automotive
- Experienced and strong interest in robotics/mechatronics
- Experienced with embedded devices and IoT technologies
- Programming knowledge, mainly Python, Rust, and Go
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.