Senior Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco / Berlin — Orb Software
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
The Cloud team strives to build secure, low-latency systems that operate on a billion-plus user scale, incorporating data science, AI, crypto, fraud-prevention and many other components to power everything from Orbs to user wallets.es
About the Opportunity:
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll be designing, building, and monitoring the infrastructure layer upon which our development teams are going to work.
In this role you will:
- Take ownership of larger pieces of work and lead them!
- Create infrastructure components mainly in golang.
- You will work with Terraform-provisioned AWS infrastructure and with services like S3, EKS, EC2, Route53, etc.
- Participate in on-call rotation to provide application support, incident management and troubleshooting.
- Build CI/CD pipelines.
- Optimize developer experience (productivity) by building support tools (self-service tools, platforms, etc.).
- Debugging and critical infrastructure issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in Linux on public cloud environments.
- Some experience with golang.
- Familiar with microservice architectures—you have seen them at scale.
- Can knowledgeably discuss performance, security, and user interactions in complex software systems.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices with regard to information security.
- Built and operated a large scale distributed system service.
- Expertise in AWS.
- Hands-on experience with Containerization (Docker) and Orchestration (Kubernetes) technology.
- Experience with MongoDB is nice to have.
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.