Head of Security
San Francisco / Berlin / Erlangen — Security
About the Company
Worldcoin is a new, collectively owned global currency that will be distributed fairly to as many people as possible. Worldcoin will launch by giving a free share to everyone on Earth. We believe that this is an essential step to accelerate the transition towards a more inclusive global economy, providing new ways for everyone to share future prosperity. We hope you’ll join us on our ambitious journey.
About the Team:
For Worldcoin to launch successfully on a global scale, we need to both ensure fairness and build trust with our users. Therefore, it is essential to prevent fraud by making sure no one can sign up multiple times and erode trust in the system.
Beyond regular company security the goal of security at Worldcoin is to deploy an edge device to unsecured environments. We consider a wide range of threats that span tampering with the device, spoofing the device as well as backend attacks. The cross-disciplinary nature of this team requires interfacing with various other teams across the company including Economics, AI, Backend and Orb Software.
About the Opportunity:
The Head of Security role is responsible for organizing and scaling the software and hardware efforts across the company. This role is central to the success of the company. It has a high level of ambiguity and requires an understanding of the state-of-the-art in hardware and software security. The most challenging aspect of the role is the breadth of knowledge required to successfully deploy an edge device to a fraudulent environment. The role will also require overview of the company security at every level, including infrastructure security and internal security. In this role you will:
- Work closely with the device software and hardware team to define and execute a strategy for securing the device.
- Face and solve scalability issues linked to your solutions.
- Design hardware level defenses and software level defenses.
- Dive in depth into the details of the device to understand and map the list of threats faced.
- Threat modeling and building an understanding of the diverse motives of possible attackers and coordinate efforts accordingly.
- Build multi-level defense strategy ranging from device security to global fleet monitoring.
- Scale and lead multiple teams of hardware security engineers, software security engineers, red team, infrastructure and IT security.
- Deep understanding of hardware and software attacks (on device & backend), as well as the respective defenses
- Experience and ability to lead multiple teams to implement hardware and software defenses as well as attacks
- Extended network in the space to effectively scale multiple teams
- Ability to manage the IT security
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally
- Want to work in a high growth and high speed environment
Worldcoin participates in the E-Verify Program
Worldcoin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
Worldcoin is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.